December Board Meeting – Tentative Agenda

Eastside Neighborhood Association
Board Meeting
Thursday, December 21, 2006

Location:  Margaret Frost’s home, @ 826 Frederick St. S.E.

A.  Welcome and Intros

B.  Old Business

  • Neighborhood Entrance Sign Project Final Steps (Jody)
  • New Bridge Community Church Update  (Eddy)
  • Fundraising/Advertising Update (Elaine)

C.  New Business

  • Active Communities 2007 Funding Plan (Jody)
  • February General Meeting Preparation (All)
  • January Newsletter Preparation (Katie)

D.  Announcements and Adjourn

Work Party: Neighborhood Sign Project

Help set posts in buckets!
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006
@ Swantown Inn Bed & Breakfast

1431 11th Ave SE Olympia, WA 98501 (corner of 11th Ave SE and Central Ave)

Everyone and anyone from the neighborhood is welcome! We will have 22 posts to set!

We have a cement mixer and all supplies needed.

Refreshments will be provided.

October General Meeting

Eastside Neighborhood Association
General Meeting
Thursday, October 26th, 2006
@ Light and Life Bible Fellowship

1901 7th Ave SE Olympia, WA 98501

Agenda to be covered will include:

  • Pro and Con I933 Speakers
  • Update on Neighborhood Sign Project
  • Update on Old Madison School from New Bridge Community Church

Everyone and anyone from the neighborhood is welcome!

September 2006 Board meeting minutes

ENA BOARD MEETING   Thurs. Sept. 21, 2006
Swantown Inn      7:00

The meeting was called to order by Nathan, acting as president in Jody’s
absence, at 7:15.

Members present
Nathan Allan
Casey Allan
Jessica Archer
Ann Mataczynski
Carol Wilson
Mark Bergeson
Katie Stoll

Guests were Chris Hawkins  Thurston County Heatlth Department and Eddie
Willingham New Bridge Community Church.

The minutes were read and approved from the August board meeting

Eddie told us there were  currently 2 men patrolling the old Madison School
to watch for vandals and any other activity.

Mark reported that the treasury is at the break even stage currently.

The work on the neighborhood signs is continuing. Jessica and Nathan have
found a good price on the signs. Terry has gotten all the buckets we need
for mixing cement from Big Toms. Jody will order the posts. The cost will be
about $150.00 per sign.  New Bridge would like to donate some money to help
us out. Probably about $600.00
We will put the signs in buckets at the Swantown Inn. Elaine is still
working on the letters to ask businesses for donations. Jessica will
establish a list of interested people and members to approach about
financial support

Chris talked to us about the STEPS program and gave us a sheet about it. He
asked us to continue our participation in it and we agreed. We were invited
to a workshop at the Health Department and said we would try to attend.

Eddy showed us a blueprint of the proposed new church and parking lot. They
plan to create 122 new parking stalls. They are about to begin refoofing the
school. He also asked for our support during the upcoming land use hearings
and we said we would be of any support we could.

The next general meeting is scheduled for Thurs the 12th of Oct. After some
discussion it was suggested that we change the date until the 26th of
October, The reasons behind this were the fast approaching newsletter
deadline and the upcoming travel plans of many board members who would be
gone on the 12th. Nathan  agreed to contact Jody and any other board members
for their input and then get back to the rest of us.

Katie will continue work on the newsletter and get them to the printer and
then Ann.

Nathan will put together an agenda for the general meeting after talking to
Jody and then Katie can get it into the newsletter. Jessica will try to set
up a presentation on both sides of the 933 initiative. It involves land use
issues. Carol and Ann will supply the refreshments for the meeting.

Mark stated that we need to register with the Sec of State as a nonprofit
organization. He moved that we change the name of the registering agent from
Dan Kapsner(past association president) to Jody Suhrbier(current president)
it was seconded by Katie and passed unanimously.

T he meeting was adjourned at 8:50

Respectfully submitted.

Carol Wilson, secretary

September Board Meeting

Eastside Neighborhood Association
Board Meeting
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Swantown Inn, corner of 11th & Central St. SE

Agenda to be covered will include:

  • Approve last meetings minutes
  • Treasurers Report
  • Progress with Neighborhood sign project
  • October General Meeting
  • Other Updates