Swantown Inn Bed & Breakfast, 1431 11th A15ve SE (corner of Central)
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016, 7:00PM – 9:15PM
Monthly Board meeting of the Eastside Neighborhood Association
Board Members in Attendance: Brian Brannies, Nathan Allan, Rita Sammons, , Susan Herring, Jim Sweeny, Sam Green, Sherry Cillicut.
Absent : Sheena Pietzold, Charlotte Claybrook, Melissa Bluestein
- Neighborhood Garage Sale to be held week after Lakefair, Susan Herring taking charge of organizing. Date possibly July 23rd.
- Crime and Safety
- There is continued displeasure within the neighborhood about the Duplex on Central.
- There was a spirited discussion on causes and frustration of a lack of perceived feedback from City Council and OPD.
- A motion was made by Jim to write a letter to city council regarding problem properties with possible actions, and for that letter to be presented at next Tuesday’s Council meeting by Brian. The motion was seconded by Sherry and unanimously passed.
- Also tlak of helping neighbors formally with light
- CNA Update from Sam Green
- Discussion on Earthquake Preparedness and Disaster Plans at a neighborhood level.
- Discussion on pathways and alleys being better lit
- Discussion on Ne Neighborhood and their role in piloting subarea planning. The city has dragged its feet on this process and locked out other neighborhoods.
- Push to covert septics to LOTT sewer. Very expensive and not many residences are doing it, cost is $30K+ per property. Run off from farms and landscaping causes huge nitrate problem in Henderson Inlet.
- Arts Commission doing study on new Welcome Signs/Art for Olympia
- Neighborhood Grants process, drawn out and inequitable.
- Treasurers Report
Minutes submitted by Nathan Allan, Joint ENA Secretary