When? Saturday, April 14th, 2:30 to 4:30
Where? Salvation Army Worship Center, 4th & Central
The Eastside Neighborhood Association is putting together a family-friendly variety show that will be held on Saturday, April 14th from 2:30 to 4:30 at the Salvation Army Worship Center on 4th and Central. People of all ages will be welcome to attend the event at no cost. In addition to performances, the event will include a break with refreshments and a chance to get to know one another, and a sing-along.
Our goal is to include a wide variety of performances like dance, singing, poetry, instrumentals, skits, etc. done by performers of all ages. It’s not a competition, just an afternoon of entertainment. The performances could be by individuals or groups. We will allow a maximum of five minutes for each performance and there will be 15 slots available.
Sound interesting? If you would like to perform, please respond by e-mail to Roger Horn (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, March 11th. In your e-mail, tell us the following:
- What type of performance you will do
- If it’s a group, how many are in it and what roles/instruments they will be playing
- What equipment, facilities, etc. you will need (Note: the venue has microphones, a piano, projector, speakers, and stage lights that may be provided)
- The age group of participants (elementary school, middle school, high school, college, or adult)
- If they are students, what school they are representing
- What neighborhoods the participants are from
- Past performances of the individual or group, if any
- E-mail address and phone number of the person to contact when we have info to share
Our Tainment Planning Team will select performers to fill the 15 slots. We will focus first on individuals and groups from the Eastside Neighborhood, then residents of other neighborhoods. Groups that include one or more members of the Eastside Neighborhood will be included in the first category. We will then select acts that represent a variety of genres and ages. We plan to hold a pre-event meeting at the Salvation Army venue a couple days before the event to acquaint performers with the venue facilities and work out details and needs.
Thank you for considering performing at the show. We look forward to hearing from you. If you have questions, you can also send them to Roger Horn at email@example.com.