June/July 2015 Board Meeting Minutes

Swantown Inn Bed & Breakfast, 1431 11th Ave SE (corner of Central)
Wednesday, July 8th, 2015, 6:30PM – 8PM

Attendees: Nathan Allan; Brian Brannies; Kathleen Blanchette; Susan Herring; Rita Sammons; Sherry Chilcutt; Melissa Bluestein; Theresa Goen-Burgman

 

  • Approval of May Minutes
  • Dog waste stations update
    • $160 per year for bags; buying twice a year
    • Most are being managed, except the Union Fairview walkthrough.
    • More bags were ordered and distributed as necessary.
  • Neighborhood Matching Grant Update
    • Grants need to be exempt from having to hire unions.  Extra reporting requirements if affecting public land.
    • 2/3 of grants approved don’t meet the city requirements
    • Traffic circles meet the requirements.
    • Beautification grant planning.
      • Might be delayed do to funding
  • Annual Garage Sale
    • Extra signs were ordered.
    • Signage should go up after the meeting.
    • Banner for the picnic is here as well.
    • Nathan will resend the event info to print out!
    • Signs should go up ASAP!
    • KAOS has community board.
  • Annual Picnic
    • Planning
      • Reach out Olympia Co-Op for donations: Brian (last year Co-op $100; Ralphs $75
  • Are we still swapping the time, considering the Neighborhood Matching Grant did not come through?
    • We are going to leave the time from 4-7pm; Park is rented out for day by Nathan
  • How many attendees should we plan for?
    • 40-50.
  • Should we try and find cheap or free entertainment, trying to increase the appeal of the event?
    • Brian is reaching out to someone at Evergreen who know other musicians.
    • Susan knows a band with former city councilman Pat Cole.  She will look into the this more.
    • Budget
  • Should we set a budget?
    • Last year was $200
    • This year for $300 – vote by board members – approved.
  • Food and Drink
    • Brian: Beerwerks (no response yet)
    • Coolers for drinks?
    • Nathan to speak with Big Tom’s about possible donations
  • CNA – Report from attending CNA meetings.
    • No report for this meeting
  • Treasurers Report
    • Sherry says we are a little low on funds but we need people to be paying their dues.   Sherry/Nathan will send something out to members.

 

New business

  • Defaced sign at 9th and Boulevard for Medella rezoning.
  • Sound barriers:
  • Medella project: Borders of area are of concern.  Overlap into cemetery.  Deeded land in 1857 so not a lot of surveying has been done.  No recorded surveys for the Medella property.  Should be adverse possession for cemetery.  Still considered non-project so city said to wait until it becomes a project.

 

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>