Swantown Inn Bed & Breakfast, 1431 11th A15ve SE (corner of Central)
Wednesday, March 16th, 2016, 7:00PM – 8:15PM
Monthly Board meeting of the Eastside Neighborhood Association
Board Members in Attendance: Brian Brannies, Sheena Pietzold, Nathan Allan, Rita Sammons, , Susan Herring, Jim Sweeny, Sam Green, Charlotte Claybrook.
Others: Roger Horn, LouEllyn Jones
Absent (Excused): Sherry Cillicut, Melissa Bluestein
- Master Calendar updates
- Nuisance Houses
- There is continued displeasure within the neighborhood about the Duplex on Central, and a home on Sawyer.
- The Sawyer street property appears to be more of a code enforcement issue and efforts have been made with OPD and Code Enforcement to make the property a better neighbor.
- The Central Street Duplex is more of an OPD issue. OPD and Code Enforcement are both well aware of the problems. Activity is being tracked by officers. It is highly recommended that neighbors call in all suspicious activity to 911.
- It has been suggested by members of other neighborhood groups that some or all of the following actions be undertaken;
- reaching out to landlords
- calling in every single little disturbance or illegal activity to 911
- the addition of signage that notes “Neighborhood Watch” is in effect in the area
- legal action against landlords to seize or penalize the property if problems are not fixed.
- A number of board members noted similar problems in past residences. Board embers also offered assistance in undertaking the before-mentioned actions.
- CNA Update from Sam Green
- Bike Corridor Launch and Information Session (see full post already on our site)
- Discussion on Earthquake Preparedness
- Treasurers Report
- A motion was made by Nathan and seconded by Susan, to remove Luke Bowerman from the ENA Bank Account and to add Brian Brannies. Vote was taken and passed unanimously.
- ACTION ITEM: Sherry to provide Brian with necessary documentation to facilitate this.
- Checking $339.26
- Savings $1061.00
- Neighborhood signs $1298.05
- Legion way trees $151.53
- Community beautification $505.86
Minutes submitted by Nathan Allan, Joint ENA Secretary