Have you got branches that need to be chipped? The city is providing a FREE chipper, Saturday May 5 at 609 Frederick St SE; we’re the third event of the day, so they’ll probably be at our location around 11:30 a.m. You can start dropping off branches at 6:30 a.m.; go down the alley behind Frederick. (The pile will be very obvious!) Download the Chipping Event flier for additional information.
What can I chip?
- Limbs and branches up to 6” in diameter (longer is better).
- Woody debris from shrubs and plants.
What can’t I chip?
- Vines like ivy and blackberry.
- Holly or other thorny material.
- Twisted branches like rhododendron.
- Limbs with wide forks.
- Dirt-covered branches.
- Lumber—we can’t risk damaging the machine with a nail.
DO NOT bring anything that can’t be chipped!