The ENA has arranged for a City of Olympia chipper and a two-person crew to
come to the neighborhood for two hours of free wood chipping. This year, there are two chipping events scheduled.
The first was on May 13. The second event is in the Southeast part of the neighborhood at 14th and Lybarger, on June 3rd.
What CAN Be Chipped?
- Limbs and branches up to 6” in diameter (longer is better)
- Woody debris from shrubs and plants
What CAN NOT Be Chipped?
- Vines like ivy and blackberry
- Holly or thorny material
- Twisted branches like rhododendron
- Limbs with wide forks
- Dirt-covered branches
- Lumber (we can’t risk damaging the machine with a nail)
If you have questions or would like to join in the event, please contact Jody Suhrbier, at 709-5234.