Swantown Inn Bed & Breakfast, 1431 11th Ave SE (corner of Central)
Wednesday, December 16th, 2015, 7:00PM – 8:00PM
Monthly Board meeting of the Eastside Neighborhood Association
Board Members in Attendance: Nathan Allan, Brian Brannies, Sheena Pietzold, Rita Sammons, Sherry Cillicut, Susan Herring
- Dog waste bag stations update
- Supplying bags will cost the ENA around $500 a year. This is not sustainable unless we have more dues-paying members. We have had a lull in members paying dues, so Nathan made laminated signs to attach to the dog waste bag stations to solicit members to pay dues.
- We’ve had numerous comments regarding how long it has been since the ENA has put together a newsletter. One option is to do a postcard advertising our upcoming general meeting and perhaps things we have accomplished over the past year.
- Brian will send the address spreadsheet we have to the group so we can check the addresses by foot. Each board member will claim an area of the neighborhood to walk and double check to see if actual houses match the street addresses in the spreadsheet. Hopefully this effort will increase the accuracy of the addresses and reduce mailing cost waste.
- Matching grant update
- Brian has a meeting set up with the City on Friday, December 18th to sign paperwork for the matching grant to improve traffic calming devices (round-abouts and bump-outs) throughout the neighborhood. The City will be paying for general liability insurance to protect the neighborhood association in the event of a lawsuit. All volunteers will need to sign an agreement with the City to protect the ENA. The City is allowing us to carry the funds over until the end of 2016.
- General meeting
- We’d like to try to have the general meeting January 27th. Topics could include Olympia School District Superintendent speaking about the proposed school levy (special election vote scheduled for February 9th), Thurston Transportation Oriented Development (TTOD) presentation, soliciting for volunteers to improve traffic calming devices for the matching grant, soliciting for new board members, and electing new board of directors.
- Treasurers Report
- $169.26 in Checking
- $1360.83 in Savings
- $1297.87 in Neighborhood Signs fund
- $151.49 in Legion Way Trees fund
- $505.76 in Community Beautification fund
Minutes submitted by Sheena Pietzold, Joint ENA Secretary