- Board Members Present: Nathan Allan, Whitney Bowerman, Brian Brannies, Sandia Slaby, Pat Bayle, Jim Longley, Mitch Dennis, Sheena Pietzold, Katy Beattie
- Board Members Absent: Kara Randall
- Other Attendees: Roger Horn, Eddy
Dog waste stations
Church will help with dog waste stations; There are still troubles Getting a hold of people; Locations of sites were discussed;
Purchasing bags….biodegradable bags are they worth it? Cost effective? Sandia would like to look into the cost difference and what that means for ENA. Cost of bags (Nathan added to minutes when he found the details relevant);
$138.18 for 4000 Biodegradable bags (funny thing only considered so in 49 states not CA)Shipping did cost.What Aly found on Amazing is basically $31.38 for 1000 bags. So about the same.Nathan searched around a little and did not find an alternative that works.
Future of the board
Join the ENA board! Four members are not continuing, possibly five. Become an active advocate for your neighborhood. Once a month meetings, and accomplishing tasks like the dog poop bag stations, food bank donations, etc.
February is goal for annual meeting.
- Some neighbors have said they miss it.
- Idea to send postcards directing people to read more at the website.
- Print a few newsletters for those who may request it.
- Brian is willing to print off postcards; ENA may still have credit at a local printshop.
- Brian is willing to spearhead getting this accomplished.
- We hope that mailing list is more accurate than in the past. A lot of effort has been put into verifying addresses.
It seems the focus of the CNA is less about working together and more about listening to presentations. ENA has been represented in some capacity at almost every meeting this year. Representatives are wondering about the effectiveness of the CNA and the overall purpose of it as it seems to be very much concerned with big picture issues like city planning. Our presence is valued at the CNA meetings is that our voice is then reported back to City Council. CNA can, and has been in the past, be an effective voice.
- Sherry was absent from the meeting but reported $750 in checking.
- Nathan still needs to get on the account as back-up.
Madison Holiday Store
Madison Elementary PTO Representative, Eddy, says they are looking for donations for kids to purchase for presents for their families.
Report from City Council
- Providing $250,000 for downtown plan
- Talk of changing code to work on creating neighborhood centers like Westside coop or San Francisco street bakery
- Putting money into hazard trees which would affect legion way