Location: Lions Park
Date: Saturday August 22nd
NEW Time: 4pm to 7pm
This years Annual Summer Eastside Neighborhood Picnic will be held on Saturday August 22 at Lions Park. There was a lot of enthusiasm at our Annual General Meeting to make the picnic, bigger and better. Even though we failed to get the City of Olympia to support us through the matching grant program, your board members have managed to pull together some great entertainment and food.
Thanks to our local businesses for your donations! Eastside Big Tom’s, Ralphs Thriftway and the Eastside Olympia Food Co-op have all chipped in!
Thanks also to the Olympia Parks Department and Waste Services, they are always supportive.
At the fall membership meeting we swapped the picnic to late afternoon, so 4pm to 7pm is the new time!
Food offerings include a main dish (burgers or hotdogs) provided by the ENA (and donors), with neighbors bringing side dishes and deserts.
There will be live music!
Swantown Inn Bed & Breakfast, 1431 11th Ave SE (corner of Central)
Wednesday, July 8th, 2015, 6:30PM – 8PM
Attendees: Nathan Allan; Brian Brannies; Kathleen Blanchette; Susan Herring; Rita Sammons; Sherry Chilcutt; Melissa Bluestein; Theresa Goen-Burgman
- Approval of May Minutes
- Dog waste stations update
- $160 per year for bags; buying twice a year
- Most are being managed, except the Union Fairview walkthrough.
- More bags were ordered and distributed as necessary.
- Neighborhood Matching Grant Update
- Grants need to be exempt from having to hire unions. Extra reporting requirements if affecting public land.
- 2/3 of grants approved don’t meet the city requirements
- Traffic circles meet the requirements.
- Beautification grant planning.
- Might be delayed do to funding
- Annual Garage Sale
- Extra signs were ordered.
- Signage should go up after the meeting.
- Banner for the picnic is here as well.
- Nathan will resend the event info to print out!
- Signs should go up ASAP!
- KAOS has community board.
- Annual Picnic
- Reach out Olympia Co-Op for donations: Brian (last year Co-op $100; Ralphs $75
- Are we still swapping the time, considering the Neighborhood Matching Grant did not come through?
- We are going to leave the time from 4-7pm; Park is rented out for day by Nathan
- How many attendees should we plan for?
- Should we try and find cheap or free entertainment, trying to increase the appeal of the event?
- Brian is reaching out to someone at Evergreen who know other musicians.
- Susan knows a band with former city councilman Pat Cole. She will look into the this more.
- Should we set a budget?
- Last year was $200
- This year for $300 – vote by board members – approved.
- Food and Drink
- Brian: Beerwerks (no response yet)
- Coolers for drinks?
- Nathan to speak with Big Tom’s about possible donations
- CNA – Report from attending CNA meetings.
- No report for this meeting
- Treasurers Report
- Sherry says we are a little low on funds but we need people to be paying their dues. Sherry/Nathan will send something out to members.
- Defaced sign at 9th and Boulevard for Medella rezoning.
- Sound barriers:
- Medella project: Borders of area are of concern. Overlap into cemetery. Deeded land in 1857 so not a lot of surveying has been done. No recorded surveys for the Medella property. Should be adverse possession for cemetery. Still considered non-project so city said to wait until it becomes a project.
6:30 p.m. on Monday, July 6,2015, in the
Council Chambers, 601 East 4th Avenue,
From the City of Olympia:
The City of Olympia has issued the following State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Determination of Non-significance (DNS) and Notice of Public Hearing for the Olympia Hearing Examiner for the Medela Rezone proposal to amend the City of Olympia land use Zoning Map changing over nine acres southeasterly of the intersection of Pacific Avenue and Boulevard Road SE from ‘Single-Family Residential 4 to 8 units per acre’ to ‘Residential Multi-family 18 units per acre’. See attached Proposed Medela Rezone Map and Medela Rezone Vicinity Map.
See the attachments for details.
Please forward questions and comments you have regarding this project to the staff noted below:
Todd Stamm, Principal Planner, (360) 753-8597, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you thinking of holding garage sale this summer? The ENA helps neighbors hold a neighborhood wide one every year.
The 2015 garage sale will be held on Saturday, July 18th, 2014, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Please let us know if you are going to participate. We will be creating a map of the neighbors holding one on that day.
We will also try and get PSA (shout outs) on local radio and news.
Finally we will have all of the ENA signs out the week before letting people know it is happening!
The Capital City marathon is passing through our neighborhood again this year. This information provided by organizers;
• Manage traffic and help with registration
• Help at finish line, water stops and more
Join us in supporting a successful community event that hosts local, national and international participants.
Sign up online: regtorace.com/event/21
PDF: Capital City Marathon Volunteer Poster 2015
This Public Notice in from City of Olympia for the Medela Rezone request.
Public Meeting to be held April 23rd at the ORLA Facility see the attached PDF for details.
PDF: 15-0010 Medela NOA MLD 04062014