- Welcome new board members
- Susan Herring, Melissa Bluestein, Rita Sammons, Ira Silberlicht
- Election of Officers
- Slate of Officers voted on and passed unanimously.
- President – Nathan Allan
- Vice-President – Brian Brannies
- Treasurer – Sherry Cillicut
- The position of Secretary was discussed and Sheena and Melissa may end up sharing the duties. This will be confirmed at the next meeting after they have had a chance to discuss.
- Adoption of updated By-Laws as discussed at the Annual Meeting.
- All in favor passed unanimously.
- A copy can be found on the By-Laws page of the ENA web site.
- ENA Generic Business Cards
- Nathan proposed business cards for the ENA with a cost of $20.47 for 500 cards.
- Susan made a motion to approve 500 business cards at a cost of $20.47, Sherry seconded the motion and the motion passed unanimously.
- Dog waste stations update
- Call for volunteers to help on last installation.
- Ira is hosting one of the last two to be put in. Nathan is going to work with him to make his happen on 7th and Edison.
- The other has 811 approval and will also be organized by Nathan, with help from the home owner.
- Traffic Circle Beautification
- Neighborhood Match Grant applied for (by Brian Brannies on behalf of ENA)
- $1500 in donated labor and materials
- $500 has been asked for in the match
- Annual Summer Picnic Update
- Neighborhood Match Grant applied for (by Nathan Allan on behalf of ENA)
- Shelter reserved through Parks Department (we require insurance to cover this)
- We have a day insurance quote of $201 but Scott at Parks says there is a cheaper option for this. He is yet to fill us in on what this is.
- $7954 in donated labor, materials, food.
- $1480 has been asked for in matching grant funds.
- Rhonda from New Bridge wants to have their Rummage Sale coincide with the Annual Garage Sale. The Rummage sale will have proceeds go to City Gate and their communbity outreach programs.
- Report from Tim Minarachi, who is representing the ENA until a board member can attend.
- There was talk about not fixing sidewalks, complaints about the Okympian’s involuntary insert delivery, other petty concerns. I have one bit of info I will forward later on from a woman who wanted to give a presentation to the ENA of a park or planting program she’s involved with, I just need to retrieve the paper with her info on it. The most interesting thing is subarea planning. Subarea A is the experiment, that’s the associations in the northeast area. They’re going to be working on it for a while longer before it goes online, but you should be advised we are subarea B- which leads me to believe we’re next. Subarea B is simply the current territory of the ENA with the addition of the corridor between Eastside and Plum. All we would have to collaborate with the DNA over would be the area between Eastside and Plum, and we’ve been doing that the last couple of years anyhow. I think it’s a good thing.
Checking account $679.82
Savings account $328.90
Neighborhood signs $1297.10
Legion way trees $151.31
Community beautification $505.31
Long-term savings $1030.89
In the absence of a Secretary, these minutes are submitted by Nathan Allan, President.